Last update: 21 February 2019 | see more
712999: Stationary Plant Operators nec
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Conditions (Inapplicability):
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation only available if you meet the additional requirements listed here Occupation NOT eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
712999: Stationary Plant Operators nec
- This occupation group covers Stationary Plant Operators not elsewhere classified.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Occupation in NEC category
- Air Compressor Operator
- Beverage Distiller
- Bitumen Plant Operator
- Crematorium Operator
- Lock Master (Water Transport)
- Snow Maker
- Timber Treatment Plant Operator
- Wash Plant Operator
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 7129: Other Stationary Plant Operators
- This unit group covers Stationary Plant Operators not elsewhere classified. It includes Boiler or Engine Operators, Bulk Materials Handling Plant Operators, Cement Production Plant Operators, Concrete Batching Plant Operators, Concrete Pump Operators, Paper and Pulp Mill Operators, Railway Signal Operators, Train Controllers, Waste Water or Water Plant Operators and Weighbridge Operators.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 712911: Boiler or Engine Operator
- 712912: Bulk Materials Handling Plant Operator
- 712913: Cement Production Plant Operator
- 712914: Concrete Batching Plant Operator
- 712915: Concrete Pump Operator
- 712916: Paper and Pulp Mill Operator
- 712917: Railway Signal Operator
- 712918: Train Controller
- 712921: Waste Water or Water Plant Operator
- 712922: Weighbridge Operator
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Caveats / Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0