Visitor (Class FA) Subclass 600
The Visitor (Subclass 600) visa allows for the entry of genuine tourist, business and family visitors to Australia for the purposes of visiting the country on a temporary basis.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa does not allow you to work in Australia or studying for more than 3 months.
- There are 5 different visa streams: Tourist, Sponsored Family, Business Visitor, Approved Destination Status and Frequent Traveller.
- In general, this visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3, 6 or 12 months.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must satisfy specific criteria relating to the visa stream you are applying for.
- You must meet the genuine temporary stay requirement.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.