Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Class PS) Subclass 491
The Skilled Work Regional (provisional) (Subclass 491) visa is a provisional visa for intending migrants who are interested in either State or Territory government regional nomination or have a family member in regional Australia who can sponsor them.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a provisional visa and allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years. After 3 years on this visa you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa (coming into effect on 16 November 2022).
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be under 45 years of age.
- You must have a skilled occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Competent English’.
- You must have a positive skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority in relation to your nominated occupation.
- You must obtain the minimum score on the Points Test at the time of invitation to apply for the visa.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area.
- You must obtain an invitation to apply for the visa. To be invited you will have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect and meet the required points test on a competitive basis.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.