The Skilled Work Regional Visa (Provisional) (Class PS) (Subclass 491) is a provisional visa for intending migrants who are interested in either State or Territory government regional nomination or have a family member in regional Australia who can sponsor them.
Skilled Work Regional Visa (Subclass 491)
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a provisional visa and allows you to stay in Australia for up to 5 years. After 3 years on this visa you may be eligible to meet the requirements for a permanent Subclass 191 visa (coming into effect on 16 November 2022).
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be under 45 years of age.
- You must have a skilled occupation on the relevant Medium and Long Term Strategic Skilled List (MLTSSL), Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) or Regional Occupation List (ROL).
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Competent English’.
- You must have a positive skills assessment from the relevant skills assessing authority in relation to your nominated occupation.
- You must obtain the minimum score on the Points Test at the time of invitation to apply for the visa.
- You must be nominated by an Australian State or Territory agency or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area.
- You must obtain an invitation to apply for the visa. To be invited you will have to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect and meet the required points test on a competitive basis.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Skilled Regional (residence) (Class VB) Subclass 887
The purpose of the Skilled Regional (Residence) Subclass 887 visa is to enable provisional General Skilled Migration visa holders to apply for permanent residency. This visa is a permanent visa pathway from the Skilled Regional (provisional) Subclass 489 visa.
Temporary Skill Shortage (Class GK) Subclass 482
The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (Subclass 482) is a temporary employer-sponsored visa thus an eligible sponsor is required. The purpose of this visa is to allow Australian employers to nominate highly skilled professionals for temporary visas.
Need immigration assistance?
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia’s visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia’s visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.