The Partner Visa (Temporary) (Class UK) (Subclass 820) & Partner Visa (Residence) (Class BS) (Subclass 801) is a two-stage visa process for persons seeking to stay in Australia on the basis of being in a relationship with an eligible partner (sponsor).
Partner (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 820) & Partner (Residence) Visa (Subclass 801)
- You must be in Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This is a 2-stage process, in applying for a Partner visa, you will be applying for the subclass 820 Provisional and the subclass 801 Permanent visas concurrently.
- This visa allows you to stay in Australia with your partner.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand.
- Your relationship must be proven to be an exclusive, committed, genuine and continuing relationship.
- Your relationship must be able to prove, cumulatively, that you and your partner meet the following four factors:
- Joint financial aspects of the relationship.
- Join nature of the household arrangement.
- The social aspects of the relationship.
- The nature of the couple’s commitment to one another.
- For couples who are in a de facto relationship the law stipulates that the length of the relationship must be at least of 12 months duration. However, there are exceptions to this requirement including when the relationship has been registered under a law of a State or Territory prescribed in relevant legislation.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Need immigration assistance? No problem.
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia's visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia's visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.