Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124)
The Distinguished Talent Visa (Migrant) (Class AL) (Subclass 124) is a permanent resident visa for persons who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional achievement in an eligible area.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application, but you must be offshore when the visa is granted.
- This visa allows you to work, study, and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement on a profession, sport, arts or academia and research.
- You must still be prominent in the area.
- You would be an asset to the Australia community.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you would have no difficulty in obtaining employment in Australia within your area of talent.
- You must be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation who has a national reputation concerning the area of talent.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Functional English’ otherwise you will need to pay an extra charge, called the second instalment.
- If you have held or you are the holder of a Skilled Regional (provisional) visa, you must have held that visa for at least 3 years.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
- You would need to be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community if you have not turned 18 or if you are 55 or older.
- Persons who have provided specialised assistance to the Australian Government in matters of security may also be eligible to apply for this visa.