The Distinguished Talent Visa (Migrant) (Class AL) (Subclass 124) is a permanent resident visa for persons who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional achievement in an eligible area.
Distinguished Talent Visa (Subclass 124)
The repeal of the Talent Subclass 124 visa does not affect the processing of applications for this visa which were made before 14 November 2020. Applications made before this date will continue to be processed according to the regulations in place at the time of application.
Applicants wishing to access the Distinguished Talent Visa program can still do so by lodging an application for a Distinguished Talent (Subclass 858) visa.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application, but you must be offshore when the visa is granted.
- This visa allows you to work, study, and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in a profession, sport, arts or academia and research.
- You must still be prominent in the area.
- You would be an asset to the Australian community.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you would have no difficulty in obtaining employment in Australia within your area of talent.
- You must be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or an Australian organisation that has a national reputation concerning the area of talent.
- You must be able to demonstrate ‘Functional English’ otherwise you will need to pay an extra charge, called the second instalment.
- If you have held or you are the holder of a Skilled Regional (provisional) visa, you must have held that visa for at least 3 years.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
- You would need to be of exceptional benefit to the Australian community if you have not turned 18 or if you are 55 or older.
- Persons who have provided specialised assistance to the Australian Government in matters of security may also be eligible to apply for this visa.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Need immigration assistance? No problem.
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia's visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia's visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.