The Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa is for persons with a demonstrated need to undertake short-term, non-ongoing, highly specialised work in Australia.
Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) Visa (Subclass 400)
- You may be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application
- This visa allows you to undertake highly specialised work in Australia
- This temporary visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 6 months
- This visa has two eligibility streams, the Highly Specialised Work stream and Australia’s Interest
Key Eligibility requirements
Common criteria to all streams
- You must have personal attributes, an employment background, or both that are relevant to, and consistent with, the nature of the proposed participation in an event or proposed engagement in an activity or work.
- You must demonstrate that there is a need for you to be in Australia to participate in the event or engage in the activity or work.
- You must have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia.
- You must demonstrate that you have adequate means to support yourself during the intended stay in Australia.
- You must satisfy specific Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
Highly Specialised Work stream
- You must undertake highly specialised work.
- You will not engage in ongoing work.
- You will not be performing as an entertainer in Australia under a performing contract or for non-profit purposes.
- You will not be supporting an entertainer or a group of entertainers in Australia.
- You will not be directing, producing, or taking another part in a film, television or radio production that is to be shown or broadcast in Australia; and
- You will not be directing, producing, or taking another part in theatre production, concert or recording that is to be performed in Australia.
- You will not engage in activities that will have adverse consequences for employment or training opportunities, or conditions of employment, for Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- You will not engage in any course leading to completing a primary or secondary educational program, a degree, diploma, trade qualification or another formal award.
Australia’s Interest stream
- You must demonstrate that compelling circumstances affect Australia’s interest and require you to enter and stay in Australia.
- You must demonstrate that you will participate in an event, or engage in an activity or work, that relates directly to those compelling circumstances.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Contact us if you would like to know more about this visa or need immigration advice.ContactBook A ConsultationOur Prices
Other Related Visas
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 494)
The Skilled Employer Regional Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 494) visa is a provisional employer-sponsored visa. The purpose of this visa is to allow businesses which are actively and lawfully operating in Regional Australia to nominate highly skilled professionals for provisional visas.
Need immigration assistance?
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
Who we are?
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia’s visa program.
What is Anzscosearch (the tool)?
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia’s visa program.
Is the information provided accurate?
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.