Notice of Intention to Consider Cancellation (NOICC)
A Notice of Intention to Consider Cancellation (NOICC) is the Department’s instrument to provide visa holders with an opportunity to present arguments in relation to their case to prevent visa cancellation.
- A Notice of Intention to Consider Cancellation will include:
- Details of the nature of alleges activities.
- Evidence(s) or information held by the Department.
- An invitation to comment and present arguments and evidences to support your case.
- The time limit and method of response.
- Your response to the NOICC is your opportunity to tell the Department the reasons why your visa should not be cancelled and why you should be allowed to stay in Australia.
- The Department uses Ministerial Direction No.65 when assessing your response to the Notice of Intention to Consider Cancellation.
- You should aim to provide enough and convincing arguments in your response to a NOICC.