The Student (Temporary) (Class TU) (Subclass 500) visa allows for the entry of genuine international students to Australia for the purpose of studying in the country on a temporary basis.
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work (with specific conditions and limitations), study and live in Australia.
- This is a Temporary visa and allows you to stay in Australia temporarily. The type and length of your course of study will determine the length of your visa.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be enrolled in a course of study (eCOE).
- You must meet the genuine temporary stay requirement (GTE).
- If required by the Minister, you may need to provide evidence of your level of English language proficiency.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia including the ability to pay course fees, travel to and from Australia and living costs.
- You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance (OSHC)
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Contact us if you would like to know more about this visa or need immigration advice.ContactBook A ConsultationOur Prices
Other Related Visas
Working & Skills Visas
To allow visa holders to enter Australia temporarily or permanently to live and work in the country. Work visas are for skilled workers, people participating in specific activities, highly specialized workers, experienced business people, investors, sponsored workers etc.
Need immigration assistance?
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
Who we are?
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia’s visa program.
What is Anzscosearch (the tool)?
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia’s visa program.
Is the information provided accurate?
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.