Temporary Activity (Class GG) Subclass 408
The Temporary Activity (Subclass 408) visa allows for entry of visa holders to Australia for the purpose of working on a short-term basis in specific areas or participating in activities such as social, cultural and research activities or international events.
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to participate in specified activities or work on a temporary basis.
- There are ten activity types under the Subclass 408 visa: Invited participant in an Event, Sports, Religious worker, Domestic Worker, Superyacht Crew, Research, Staff Exchange, Special Programs, Australian Government Endorsed Event (includes Covid19 pandemic) and Entertainment.
- This is a Temporary visa and allows you to stay in Australia temporarily. Maximum periods of stay are between 3 months to 4 years depending on the circumstances of the application.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must meet the genuine temporary stay requirement (GTE).
- You must not hold a permanent visa, or a temporary visa specified by the Minister.
- You must have adequate arrangements for health insurance.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
- You must satisfy specific criteria relating to the activity you are applying under including English language requirements, Sponsors and Supporters etc.