The Temporary Activity Visa (Class GG) (Subclass 408) allows for entry of visa holders to Australia for the purpose of working on a short-term basis in specific areas or participating in activities such as social, cultural and research activities or international events.
Temporary Activity Visa (Subclass 408)
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to participate in specified activities or work on a temporary basis.
- There are ten activity types under the Subclass 408 visa: Invited participant in an Event, Sports, Religious worker, Domestic Worker, Superyacht Crew, Research, Staff Exchange, Special Programs, Australian Government Endorsed Event (includes Covid19 pandemic) and Entertainment.
- This is a Temporary visa and allows you to stay in Australia temporarily. Maximum periods of stay are between 3 months to 4 years depending on the circumstances of the application.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must meet the genuine temporary stay requirement (GTE).
- You must not hold a permanent visa, or a temporary visa specified by the Minister.
- You must have adequate arrangements for health insurance.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
- You must meet health and character requirements.
- You must satisfy specific criteria relating to the activity you are applying under including English language requirements, Sponsors and Supporters etc.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa (Subclass 494)
The Skilled Employer Regional Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 494) visa is a provisional employer-sponsored visa. The purpose of this visa is to allow businesses which are actively and lawfully operating in Regional Australia to nominate highly skilled professionals for provisional visas.
Need immigration assistance?
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia’s visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia’s visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.