The Training (Class GF) (Subclass 407) visa allows visa holders to enter Australia to participate in occupational training activities, including classroom-based professional development activities with a designated sponsor.
Training (Subclass 407)
- You may be in or outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to live in Australia to complete a workplace-based training.
- This is a Temporary visa and allows you to stay in Australia for up to two years.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age unless you can demonstrate that exceptional circumstances exist.
- You must have a sponsor who is or has applied to be a temporary activities sponsor.
- You must be nominated to participate in the sponsor’s nominated program of occupational training.
- The nominated program must be offered as a genuine training opportunity.
- The nomination must meet one of the three eligibility types:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to enhance skills (relevant Occupation list applies, Medium and Long Term Strategic Skilled List (MLTSSL), Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and Regional Occupation List (ROL)).
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas.
- You must have at least ‘Functional English’.
- You must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance.
- You must have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia and for the purpose of taking part in occupational training activities.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in Australia.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
Criteria and requirements relevant to Approval of nomination or Approval as a temporary Activities Sponsor have NOT been included in the above summary. An approved sponsor and nomination are required for this visa.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Need immigration assistance? No problem.
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia's visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia's visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.