Bridging visas provide lawful status in Australia to eligible non-citizens.
Bridging Visas (BVs)
- There are seven bridging visa (BV) classes and nine subclasses:
- Class WA - Bridging A (BVA) - Subclass 010 - Bridging A
- Class WB - Bridging B (BVB) - Subclass 020 - Bridging B
- Class WC - Bridging C (BVC) - Subclass 030 - Bridging C
- Class WD - Bridging D (BVD) - Subclass 040 - Bridging (Prospective Applicant) and Subclass 041 - Bridging (Non-applicant)
- Class WE - Bridging E (BVE) - Subclass 050 - Bridging (General) and Subclass 051 - Bridging (Protection Visa Applicant)
- Class WF - Bridging F (BVF) - Subclass 060 - Bridging F
- Class WR - Bridging R (BVR) - Subclass 070 - Bridging (Removal Pending).
- Depending on the applicant’s circumstances, a bridging visa may be granted automatically or by making a separate application.
- Applicants may hold multiple Bridging visas at the same time however, only one BV will be in effect at any one time.
- In general, and with one exception (BVF), all bridging visas may only be applied for and granted in Australia.
- Bridging visas are Temporary compliance visas and allow you to stay in Australia temporary providing you lawful status.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Australian Citizenship is a process in which a non-Australian citizen voluntarily becomes an Australian citizen. Australian citizens pledge their loyalty to Australia and its people and are then entitled to its protection and to exercise their rights and responsibilities as citizens.
Need immigration assistance? No problem.
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia's visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia's visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.