The purpose of the Skilled Regional Visa (Residence) (Class VB) (Subclass 887) is to enable provisional General Skilled Migration visa holders to apply for permanent residency. This visa is a permanent visa pathway from the Skilled Regional (provisional) Subclass 489 visa.
Skilled Regional Visa (Subclass 887)
- You must be in Australia to lodge a valid visa application unless a concession applies.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be the holder of a prescribed visa.
- You must have held a prescribed visa for a total of at least 2 years before making the application.
- You must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years while holding a prescribed visa.
- You must have worked full-time in a specified regional area for a total of at least 1 year as the holder of a prescribed visa.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law.
Other Related Visas
Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Class PS) Subclass 491
The Skilled Work Regional (provisional) (Subclass 491) visa is a provisional visa for intending migrants who are interested in either State or Territory government regional nomination or have a family member in regional Australia who can sponsor them.
Temporary Skill Shortage (Class GK) Subclass 482
The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (Subclass 482) is a temporary employer-sponsored visa thus an eligible sponsor is required. The purpose of this visa is to allow Australian employers to nominate highly skilled professionals for temporary visas.
Need immigration assistance? No problem.
We can help you achieve your migration goals.
We are Registered Migration Agents providing honest and transparent advice in relation to Australia's visa program.
It is a search engine based on the ANZSCO catalogue that combines all federal and State/Territory skilled occupation lists in one single place.
We also provide useful information for Australia's visa program.
Anzscosearch data draws on information directly provided by third-party official websites and is thus as accurate as of the information on those websites.
Anzscosearch validation and verification processes ensure that all data published is as complete, accurate and reliable as possible.
We have been doing this since 2014.