Skilled Regional (residence) (Class VB) Subclass 887
The purpose of the Skilled Regional (Residence) Subclass 887 visa is to enable provisional General Skilled Migration visa holders to apply for permanent residency. This visa is a permanent visa pathway from the Skilled Regional (provisional) Subclass 489 visa.
- You must be in Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
- This visa allows you to work, study and live in Australia.
- This is a Permanent resident visa and allows you to stay in Australia indefinitely.
Key Eligibility requirements
- You must be the holder of a prescribed visa.
- You must have held a prescribed visa for a total of at least 2 years before making the application.
- You must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years while holding a prescribed visa.
- You must have worked full-time in a specified regional area for a total of at least 1 year as the holder of a prescribed visa.
- You must satisfy certain Public Interest criteria and Special Return criteria.