Last update: 04 November 2020 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 30/09/2020
253399: Specialist Physicians nec
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements (critical skills, medical services, engineering occupations, etc.) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list; OR in the Federal Government list (MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL list), however the Nominated Migration Program is currently suspended and invitations will not be issued Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
253399: Specialist Physicians nec
This occupation group covers Specialist Physicians not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupation in NEC category
- Clinical Allergist
- Clinical Geneticist
- Clinical Immunologist
- Clinical Pharmacologist
- Infectious Diseases Physician
- Musculoskeletal Physician (NZ)
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Palliative Medicine Physician
- Public Health Physician
- Rehabilitation Medicine Physician
- Sexual Health Physician
- Sleep Medicine Physician
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.3 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 2533: Specialist Physicians
Diagnose and treat internal human disorders and diseases using specialist testing, diagnostic and medical techniques. Medical Registrars training as Specialist Physicians are included in this unit group.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- Analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- Prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- Recording medical information and data
- Reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- May admit or refer patients to hospitals
- May consult other medical specialists
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 253311: Specialist Physician (General Medicine)
- 253312: Cardiologist
- 253313: Clinical Haematologist
- 253314: Medical Oncologist
- 253315: Endocrinologist
- 253316: Gastroenterologist
- 253317: Intensive Care Specialist
- 253318: Neurologist
- 253321: Paediatrician
- 253322: Renal Medicine Specialist
- 253323: Rheumatologist
- 253324: Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills* PR Comments WA The Goldfields Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- Skills*: Skill requirements vary depending on whether the occupation is on a relevant skilled list as well as its skill level. Check the information available in the corresponding DAR website.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0