Last update: 14 June 2019 | see more
253399: Specialist Physicians nec
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation only available if you meet the additional requirements listed here Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
253399: Specialist Physicians nec
- This occupation group covers Specialist Physicians not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- MedBA: Medical Board of Australia
- Occupation in NEC category
- Clinical Allergist
- Clinical Geneticist
- Clinical Immunologist
- Clinical Pharmacologist
- Infectious Diseases Physician
- Musculoskeletal Physician (NZ)
- Occupational Medicine Physician
- Palliative Medicine Physician
- Public Health Physician
- Rehabilitation Medicine Physician
- Sexual Health Physician
- Sleep Medicine Physician
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 2533: Specialist Physicians
- Diagnose and treat internal human disorders and diseases using specialist testing, diagnostic and medical techniques. Medical Registrars training as Specialist Physicians are included in this unit group.
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- Analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- Prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- Recording medical information and data
- Reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- May admit or refer patients to hospitals
- May consult other medical specialists
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 253311: Specialist Physician (General Medicine)
- 253312: Cardiologist
- 253313: Clinical Haematologist
- 253314: Medical Oncologist
- 253315: Endocrinologist
- 253316: Gastroenterologist
- 253317: Intensive Care Specialist
- 253318: Neurologist
- 253321: Paediatrician
- 253322: Renal Medicine Specialist
- 253323: Rheumatologist
- 253324: Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- LIN 19/051, LIN 19/048, LIN 19/049, LIN 19/047, LIN 19/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Caveats / Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0