From March last year there are multiple occupations lists for the different visa programs.
These occupation lists are set out in 5 different legislative instruments. This means that every legislative instrument contains its own MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL lists.
- MLTSSL stands for Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List
- STSOL stands for Short-term Skilled Occupation List
- ROL stands for Regional Occupation List
These lists replaced the old SOL (Skilled Occupation List) and CSOL (Consolidated Skilled Occupation List).
Looking at this in detail:
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/051 contains the MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL lists for the Subclass 189, 190, 489 and 485 visa programs.
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/048 contains the MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL lists for the Subclass 482 (TSS) visa program.
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/049 contains the MLTSSL list for the Subclass 186 visa program.
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/043 contains the MLTSSL and ROL lists for the Subclass 187 visa program.
- Legislative instrument IMMI 18/050 contains the MLTSSL, STSOL and ROL lists for the Subclass 407 visa program.
In summary, from March 2018 there are 5 MLTSSL lists, 3 STSOL lists and 4 ROL lists.
It is key that applicants check which is the relevant list according to the visa program they wish to apply for.