Important announcement from ACT - Canberra affecting only overseas residents.
From 13 September 2016, applications for ACT nomination from overseas residents will not be accepted. If you are living overseas you will not be able to commence an application for ACT nomination of a Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa until the program reopens in 2017. Applications lodged on or before 13 September 2016 will be processed in queue order.
An extra 5 points for 'specialist educational qualifications' are now available under the Points Test for Subclass 189, Subclass 190 and Subclass 489 visas for applicants who have achieved Australian qualifications at a higher level in fields where shortages have been identified in Australia. The change is intended to enhance pathways to permanent residency for certain Australian graduates. To be entitled to points, the applicant must meet the requirements for award by an Australian educational institution of either a master degree by research or a doctoral degree (PhD), and, the degree must include study for at least 2 academic years at the institution in a field prescribed by legislative instrument.
A new ACT Occupation List has been published today.
With respect to the previous list, the following 11 occupations are now OPEN for nomination:
132111 Corporate Services Manager
223111 Human Resource Adviser
223112 Recruitment Consultant
223113 Workplace Relations Adviser
232411 Graphic Designer
232413 Multimedia Designer
232414 Web Designer
233511 Industrial Engineer
233512 Mechanical Engineer
233513 Production or Plant Engineer
On the other hand, 12 occupations are now CLOSED:
131112 Sales and Marketing Manager
131113 Advertising Manager
131114 Public Relations Manager
133211 Engineering Manager
141111 Cafe or Restaurant Manager
222312 Financial Investment Manager
224412 Policy Analyst
224711 Management Consultant
224712 Organisation and Methods Analyst
411411 Enrolled Nurse
411412 Mothercraft Nurse
Access official list >> here
A new revised #QSOL (Queensland Skilled Occupation List) has been released today with some important updates.
Offshore and interstate applications are no longer accepted for the following occupation categories:
- All ICT occupation categories
- Engineering Technician
Further information >> here
From Monday 1st August 2016, BSMQ (Business & Skilled Migration Queensland) has stopped accepting new applications only for offshore applicants >> read more
A new Queensland Skilled Occupation List (QSOL) will be released and come into effect as of Monday 25 July 2016.
BSMQ will suspend processing Expressions of Interest (EOI) from Thursday 14 July until Friday 22 July 2016 in order to update the relevant fact sheets and application forms, and the new QSOL on this website. >> read more
Check at the following link a summary with some of the changes introduced on this new financial year 2016-17 >> read more
The following lists for the new program year have already been released:
Important changes for ICT Occupations from 4th July 2016. Immigration SA will require offshore applicants for ICT occupations that appear on the South Austalia Stated Nominated Occupation List to have a minimum of 70 points (including state nomination points) on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection points test. This will apply to any occupation involving a skills assessment from the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Official information can be found here.
A new legislative instrument has been released containing the new SOL and CSOL list for the next program year 2016-2017.
If there are no other changes, the new list will take effect on 1st July 2016.
SOL / CSOL list changes to be applied on 1st July 2016
SOL to CSOL
The following 9 occupations will be REMOVED from the SOL list:
233611: Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
233612: Petroleum Engineer
251311: Environmental Health Officer
251312: Occupational Health and Safety Adviser
411211: Dental Hygienist
411212: Dental Prosthetist
411213: Dental Technician
411214: Dental Therapist
CSOL to SOL
The following 2 occupations will be ADDED to the SOL list:
251912: Orthotist or Prosthetist
The new changes will be updated on Anzscosearch on 1st July. Until then, the current list applies.
Official information can be found here.
Australia and Singapore have agreed the introduction of two new visa initiatives that will enhance tourism, youth mobility and business.
Both countries have agreed to implement a Work and Holiday visa arrangement for young adults. The Work and Holiday arrangement will make available 500 places in each country per year with the potential for growth in future years.
Further information [here]
Northern Territory Migration Occupation List. New list released with some major changes:
- 63 NEW occupations were added
- 24 occupations were removed
ACT Occupation List
All occupations are now CLOSED for overseas applicants. Effective from 18 March 2016 at 4:00pm AEST. If you are living overseas you are not able to apply for ACT nomination of a Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa until the program reopens in July 2016.
New Work & Holiday visa arrangement between Australia and Hungary has been signed today. The arrangement will be capped at 200 places each year.
The NSW 489 Regional Skilled Occupation List has been updated.
The following occupations have been added to Far South Coast:
- 135111 (Chief Information Officer)
- 261112 (Systems Analyst)
- 261313 (Software Engineer)
- 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer)
- 321111 (Automotive Electrician)
- 321211 (Motor Mechanic (General))
- 321212 (Diesel Motor Mechanic).
1 occupation has been removed from Orana: 234411 (Geologist)
1 occupation has been removed from Northern Inland: (221213 - External Auditor)
New Work and Holiday arrangements with the Slovak Republic and Slovenia have commenced this year.
There will be an annual limit of 200 work and holiday visas for Slovak nationals and 200 work and holiday visas for Slovenian nationals.
Other countries with W&H visa arrangements are: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey the United States and Uruguay.
Furhter information here
The NSW 489 Skilled Occupation List (subclass 489) has been updated and the following occupations have been removed from regional areas:
Removed from Orana:
- 221112 Management Accountant
- 221113 Taxation Accountant
- 221213 External Auditor
Removed from Northern Inland:
- 232611 Urban & Regional Planner
Today, the Department of Training and Workforce Development has released the Western Australian Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL) for 2015-2016.
The State nomination criteria will remain the same.
As we work to provide and effective, professional and reliable service, this list has already been loaded into Anzscosearch.
The new Queensland Skilled Occupation List - QSOL has already been released. 3 streams are avaliable for Skilled visa:
- Applicants already working in Queensland >> see more
- Applicants Outside of Queensland or Overseas >> see more
- Applicants that have completed a Masters Degree or PhD at a Queensland institution in Queensland in the last two years >> see more
Queensland has drastically reduced the number of occupations available for visa subclass 190 for applicants outside QLD or overseas. With respect to the previous list where 87 occupations were available, on this new list only 34 occupations are open for nomination.
As usual, you can check all the lists on Anzscosearch by accessing the Search by State (only 'Outside QLD or Overseas' stream is available for Queensland).
New Queensland Skilled Occupatin List - QSOL will come into effect 8 October 2015.
From 8 October 2015:
- Amendments to occupations available for Queensland nomination
- A new stream is available under the subclass 190 visa for migrants who are already working in Queensland under another visa subclass.
State Nomination Occupation List for Victoria changes.
- Following occupations have been removed: 231212 - Ship's Engineer & 133211 - Engineering Manage.
- Following "Automotive Trades" occupations have been removed: 321111 - Automotive Electrician, 321211 - Motor Mechanic (General), 324111 - Panelbeater, 324311 - Vehicle Painter
- The requirement for 224113 - Statistician to have science experience has been removed.
Changes to be effective from Monday 26 October. [View more]
- The new Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa arrangement between Australia and the People's Republic of China commenced. 1500 visas are initially available. [View more]
- A new Occupation Ceiling list has been released this morning. The significant note is that Unit Group 2212 (Auditors, Company Secretaries and Corporate Treasurers) has already reached its ceiling value. [View more]
- Today the new Turnbull Government introduced legislation to the Parliament to make it a criminal offence for a sponsor company to receive payment in return for sponsoring a worker for a 457 visa. Assistant Immigration minister Michaelia Cash said the legislation introduced sends a very clear message to those who are tempted to engage in this type of activity: 'Those who think they can get away with this kind of behaviour take note - we will target you and we will bring you to justice'. [View more]
- Due to high demand, Immigration SA will be raising the requirement for the high point category from 80 points to 85 points. This change is to still allow an avenue for high point scoring applicants. This policy will come into effect on the 22 September 2015 and all high point applications submitted from this date will need to meet the new requirement [View more]
- The new ACT Occupation List for Canberra has been released today. The following occupations have been added and now are OPEN for nomination: 233211: Civil Engineer, 233212: Geotechnical Engineer, 233213: Quantity Surveyor, 233214: Structural Engineer and 233215: Transport Engineer. [View more]
- Visa holders in Australia can now check their visa information anywhere, anytime using the new myVEVO App for smartphones. myVEVO provides a fast and convenient way to check your Australian visa work rights, study rights, travel conditions and expiry date. You can also send your entitlement details to any email address you like. [View more]
- The new NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List 2015-16 has been released. As it was expeceted, there have been very few changes. The following occupations have been removed: 232611 (Urban & Regional Planner), 252311 (Dental Specialist), 252312 (Dentist). [View more]
- Anzscosearch is introducing a new type of search based on a Task. If you are not sure about your ANZSCO code, this search will help you identifying which one is the most suitable to your skills. [View more]
- Occupation 241213: Primary School Teacher was inadvertently left off in the last CSOL specified by legislative instrument on 1st July 2015 (IMMI15/092).
Today, a new legislative instrument (IMMI 15/108) has been implemented to include this occupation again in the CSOL list. However is backdated to take effect from 1 July 2015 so as not to disadvantage anyone. The two instruments will operate together. [View more]
- NSW 190 Program 2015-16: NSW is continuing to select and invite candidates against the current NSW Skilled Occupation Lists. They aim to publish the 2015-16 list by the end of July 2015. [View more]
- The Australian Government is pleased to confirm that Australia has negotiated a Work and Holiday Arrangement with China. This arrangement will allow up to 5000 young Chinese people with tertiary education and English skills to experience a working holiday in Australia. The arrangement will be implemented later in 2015. The date that visa applications will be accepted by Australia will be announced on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website. [View more]
- New Occupation Ceilings list for program year 2015-16. With respect to the previous year, 1 Occupation ID / Unit Group has been removed: 2523 (Dental Practitioners); and 2 Unit Group have been added: 3241 (Panelbeaters) & 3941 (Cabinetmakers). [View more]
- The ACT Occupation List will be updated in August 2015 when the demand for occupations on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) is reassessed. [View more]
- South Australia - State Nominated Occupation Lists.
80 occupations have been removed from the State Occupations list with respect to the previous list. On the other hand, 85 new occupations have been added.
- New SOL and CSOL list program year 2015-2016.
A new legislative instrument has been published specifying the SOL and CSOL from 1 July 2015 (IMMI15/092):
Removal from SOL and added to CSOL
Removed from CSOL and added to SOL
Removed from CSOL
- South Australia: State Nominated Occupation Lists are currently undergoing maintenance. Please return from mid-day 1 July 2015 for the updated list. [View more]
- From tomorrow 1st July, there will be a new website for the Department of Immigration which will be located at www.border.gov.au. From this date, internet searches for immi.gov.au and customs.gov.au will redirect to the new address. [View more]
- New English language standards for all health professionals (with the exception of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Practice) for the purposes of registration that come into effect from 1 July 2015. The changes provide new pathways for evidence of English language skills to be demonstrated and apply to all applicants for initial registration regardless of whether they qualified in Australia or overseas. The revised standards can be found on the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) website [View more].