The Goldfields DAMA occupation list has been reviewed and updated on its second-year agreement. The list contains 125 occupations.
There are 4 new non-ANZSCO occupations identified with the code 070499 included in the list:
- Asphalt Technician
- Process Technician
- Rope Access Technician
- Sound and Light Technician
The Goldfields DAMA is an employer-sponsored visa program and individual workers cannot apply for a visa independently. Businesses can access the Goldfields DAMA if they are actively operating in the Goldfields DAMA Region.
What is the DAMA?
A Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA) is an agreement between the Australian Government and a Designated Area Representative (DAR). Currently, there are 7 DAMA lists in place:
- Orana, NSW: 33 occupations
- Northern Territory: 117 occupations
- Far North Queensland (FNQ DAMA 1,2): 164 occupations
- Adelaide Technology and Innovation Advancement (City): 64 occupations
- South Australian Regional Workforce (Regional): 139 occupations
- Victoria’s Great South Coast: 27 occupations
- Goldfields DAMA in Western Australia: 125 occupations
Some key points about the DAMA agreement:
- It uses the labour agreement stream of the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482), the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) and/or the Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)
- it is a five-year agreement (we are on the second-year agreement)
- it is a pathway to permanent residency for most of the occupations
- it offers English language concessions for some occupations
- it offers salary and also age concessions for some occupations
Goldfields DAMA, Western Australia
What is DAMA?
Access all active DAMA lists