Last update: 21 February 2019 | see more
821112: Drainage, Sewerage and Stormwater Labourer
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Conditions (Inapplicability):
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation only available if you meet the additional requirements listed here Occupation NOT eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
821112: Drainage, Sewerage and Stormwater Labourer
- Performs routine tasks in maintaining drainage, sewerage and stormwater systems.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 5 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 1 qualification
- AQF Certificate I or
- Compulsory secondary education.
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification.
In some instances, no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 8211: Building and Plumbing Labourers
- Perform a variety of routine tasks associated with erecting and repairing structures and facilities, maintaining stormwater, drainage and sewerage systems, excavating earth and clearing and levelling sites, and installing and maintaining piping systems, fixtures and water regulators.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Loading and unloading building and construction materials, tools and equipment and transporting them around building sites
- Erecting and dismantling temporary structures such as barricades and scaffolding
- Mixing, pouring and spreading materials such as concrete, plaster and mortar
- Cleaning and carrying out minor repairs on stormwater drains and canals, and checking for cracks and leaks in sewerage systems
- Digging holes and shovelling excavated material onto conveyors, wheelbarrows and trucks for removal
- Spreading and levelling soil, gravel and sand on roads and driveways, trench bottoms and similar locations
- Assisting with assembling and installing piping, valves and fittings
- Assisting with installing fixtures such as toilets, wash basins and sprinkler systems
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Caveats / Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0