Last list update: 11 January 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 30/11/2020
711516: Rubber Production Machine Operator
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list; OR in the Federal Government list (MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL list), however the Nominated Migration Program is currently suspended and invitations will not be issued Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
711516: Rubber Production Machine Operator
Operates machines to manufacture rubber products such as tyres.
Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Rubber Belt Splicer
- Rubber Compounder
- Rubber Extrusion Machine Operator
- Rubber Knitting and Reinforcing Machine Operator
- Rubber Moulding Machine Operator
- Rubber Roller Grinder Operator
- Tyre Builder
- Tyre Retreader
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 7115: Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators
Operate machines to manufacture and finish plastic and rubber products.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- Measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- Monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- Threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- Laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- Operating rollers to remove air
- Operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- Examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- Performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 711511: Plastic Cablemaking Machine Operator
- 711512: Plastic Compounding and Reclamation Machine Operator
- 711513: Plastics Fabricator or Welder
- 711514: Plastics Production Machine Operator (General)
- 711515: Reinforced Plastic and Composite Production Worker
- 711599: Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators nec
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0