Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
711513: Plastics Fabricator or Welder
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
711513: Plastics Fabricator or Welder
- Operates machines to measure, cut, shape, fit and assemble plastics materials to produce plastic products.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Acrylic Fabricator
- Vinyl Welder and Fabricator
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 7115: Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators
- Operate machines to manufacture and finish plastic and rubber products.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Indicative Skill Level
- Operating controls to regulate temperature, pressure, speed and flow of operation
- Measuring and loading materials, items and ingredients for mixing into machines and feeding mechanisms
- Monitoring operation, regulating material supply and adding chemicals and colorants to mixture
- Threading uncoated wire and cable through plastic coating machines, around take-up reels and through dies and cooling chambers
- Laying casings, beads, ply and rubber sheets on moulds
- Operating rollers to remove air
- Operating vulcaniser presses and controlling curing
- Examining output for defects and conformity to specifications
- Performing minor repairs and maintaining production records
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 711511: Plastic Cablemaking Machine Operator
- 711512: Plastic Compounding and Reclamation Machine Operator
- 711514: Plastics Production Machine Operator (General)
- 711515: Reinforced Plastic and Composite Production Worker
- 711516: Rubber Production Machine Operator
- 711599: Plastics and Rubber Production Machine Operators nec
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0