Last list update: 21 September 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 31/07/2021
841211: Fruit or Nut Farm Worker
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List but applications are currently not being accepted Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory has NO list and is currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
841211: Fruit or Nut Farm Worker
Performs routine tasks on a fruit or nut farm such as cultivating and fertilising soil, and planting, irrigating and pruning crops. May spray chemicals on crops to treat disease and pests.
Fruit or Nut Pickers are excluded from this occupation. Fruit or Nut Pickers are included in Occupation 841212 Fruit or Nut Picker.
- Orchard Worker
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 8412: Crop Farm Workers
Perform routine tasks in producing crops such as fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- Building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- Operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- Spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- Thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- Irrigating land for crop growth
- Selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- Grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- Loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 841212: Fruit or Nut Picker
- 841213: Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker (Aus) / Field Crop Farm Worker (NZ)
- 841214: Vegetable Farm Worker (Aus) / Market Garden Worker (NZ)
- 841215: Vegetable Picker
- 841216: Vineyard Worker
- 841217: Mushroom Picker
- 841299: Crop Farm Workers nec
- Occupation Ceilings
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills* PR Comments QLD Far North Queensland (FNQ DAMA 1.2) Group 8
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- Skills*: Skill requirements vary depending on whether the occupation is on a relevant skilled list as well as its skill level. Check the information available in the corresponding DAR website.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0