Last update: 21 February 2019 | see more
831211: Meat Boner and Slicer
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Conditions (Inapplicability):
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation only available if you meet the additional requirements listed here Occupation NOT eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
831211: Meat Boner and Slicer
- Trims and cuts meat from bones, sides and carcasses.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Meat Trimmer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 8312: Meat Boners and Slicers, and Slaughterers
- Trim and cut meat from bones, sides and carcasses, and slaughter livestock in abattoirs.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Indicative Skill Level
- Operating switching controls to direct and drop carcasses and meat cuts from supply rails to boning tables
- Cutting meat to separate meat, fat and tissue from around bones
- Washing, scraping and trimming foreign material and blood from meat
- Cutting sides and quarters of meat into standard meat cuts, such as rumps, flanks and shoulders, and removing internal fat, blood clots, bruises and other matter to prepare them for packing and marketing
- Operating restrainer and stunning equipment
- Severing jugular veins of stunned animals to drain blood and facilitate dressing
- Trimming and removing head meat and severing animal heads
- Slitting open, eviscerating and trimming animal carcasses
- May slaughter livestock according to procedures required by religious customs
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 831212: Slaughterer
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Caveats / Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0