Last list update: 13 September 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 31/07/2021
821412: Home Improvement Installer
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List but applications are currently not being accepted Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory has NO list and is currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
821412: Home Improvement Installer
Installs functional and decorative home improvements such as awnings, curtains, blinds, security screens, garage doors, exterior cladding, shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors. Registration or licensing may be required.
Current Shortages & Future Demand (Skills Priority List - SPL)
AUS ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA Future Demand NS NS NS NS NS NS NS NS NS Strong
S Shortage; NS No Shortage; M Metropolitan Shortage; R Regional Shortage; Future Demand Strong, Moderate or Soft
- Awning Installer
- Carport Erector
- Curtain Fitter
- Security Door Installer
- Shower Screen Installer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 8214: Insulation and Home Improvement Installers
Install a variety of insulation materials to improve resistance to heat, cold, air, sound and moisture, and install functional and decorative home improvements.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Examining plans, specifications and work sites to determine the type and quality of installations required and their location
- Preparing site for insulation and installation of fittings by nailing up furring, drilling holes for screws and bolts, and erecting scaffolding and ladders
- Gluing blocks and slabs of foamed plastic and cork to walls
- Operating equipment to blow and spray mineral wool, fibre fill and foam insulation material into cavities
- Cutting insulation material to size and shape, and nailing and stapling batt-type insulation to joists, studs and furring
- Measuring, cutting and applying solar control film to windows
- Fitting awnings, security screens, shower screens, prefabricated windows and doors, exterior cladding and other home improvements using hand tools
- Drilling holes in wood, brick, stone and fibrous structures, and bolting, screwing and nailing fittings into place
- Attaching and adjusting mechanical fittings such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- Installing flashing and waterproofing to fittings such as shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 821411: Building Insulation Installer
- Occupation Ceilings
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0