Last list update: 22 September 2018 | see more
811412: Domestic Housekeeper
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options - ANZSCO 811412
Visa Type Eligibility *Conditions Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (State/Territory nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (NOT nominated by State/Territory) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 485 (Graduate) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 482 (TSS) IMMI 18/048 Subclass 186 (ENS) IMMI 18/049 Subclass 187 (RSMS) IMMI 18/043 Subclass 407 (Training) IMMI 18/050
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
No conditions apply
State Eligibility Summary Table - ANZSCO 811412
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 Access List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation NOT eligible
State Eligibility Details - ANZSCO 811412
811412: Domestic Housekeeper
- Cleans, cooks and performs other housekeeping tasks in private residences.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 5 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 1 qualification
- AQF Certificate I or
- Compulsory secondary education.
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification.
In some instances, no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
There is no Assessing Authority assigned to ANZSCO code 811412
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 8114: Housekeepers
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping duties in hotels, motels and other commercial premises, and in private residences.
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Cleaning the interior of buildings and the immediate outside areas
- Sweeping, mopping and polishing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and cleaning curtains and upholstered furniture
- Dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- Picking up rubbish, emptying garbage containers, and taking contents to waste areas for removal
- Restocking minibars and replenishing items such as drinking glasses, writing equipment, linen and groceries
- Stripping and making beds, and changing bed linen
- Maintaining kitchens, washing dishes and cooking utensils, and cleaning appliances, cupboards, counters, pantries and floors
- Picking up, sorting, washing, drying, ironing and mending linen and clothes
- Preparing and cooking meals, setting and clearing tables, and serving food and beverages
- Taking care of household pets and plants, receiving visitors, answering telephones, delivering messages, and shopping for groceries
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 811411: Commercial Housekeeper
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0