Last update: 22 May 2020 | see more
711113: Glass Production Machine Operator
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible. Limitations and specific State requirements such as higher English, relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc. may apply. Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be eligible for 190 nomination under specific circumstances Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
711113: Glass Production Machine Operator
Operates machines to manufacture molten glass and shape glassware products such as containers, sheet glass, structural and stained glass, glass lenses and prisms.
Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Glass Furnace Operator
- Glass Laminating Operator
- Glass Maker
- Glass Melt Operator
- Glass Toughening Operator
- Glassware Maker
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 7111: Clay, Concrete, Glass and Stone Processing Machine Operators
Operate machines to manufacture and finish a variety of clay, concrete, glassware and stone products by extruding, shaping, mixing, grinding, cutting and other processes.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Monitoring the flow of clay and other raw materials and products into machines, and adjusting valves and controls to specifications
- Positioning clay and stone on machines to be cut and worked
- Operating concrete mixing, stacking and splitting machines
- Setting up and installing moulds and other machine fixtures
- Setting up and operating glass-making machines to produce molten glass, and regulating temperature of molten glass
- Pressing and blowing glass into moulds to form glassware products
- Collecting and examining samples for conformity to specifications and adjusting machine settings accordingly
- Setting grinding and cutting edges
- Using hand tools to cut, inscribe and polish roughly hewn stone to finished condition
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0