Last update: 08 October 2019 | see more
621611: Service Station Attendant
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
621611: Service Station Attendant
- Sells fuel, lubricants and other automotive accessories, and performs minor maintenance on motor vehicles at a service station.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 5 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 1 qualification
- AQF Certificate I or
- Compulsory secondary education.
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification.
In some instances, no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Assessing Authority
- Alternative Titles
- Driveway Attendant
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 6216: Service Station Attendants
- Sell fuel, lubricants and other automotive accessories, and perform minor maintenance on motor vehicles at service stations.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Filling fuel tanks and containers to level specified by customer
- Checking and replenishing air pressure in vehicle tyres, and oil and other vehicle fluid levels
- Washing vehicle windscreens and windows
- Performing minor repair work to vehicles such as replacing tyres, light bulbs and windscreen wiper blades
- Maintaining and operating automatic car wash facilities
- Collecting payments from customers for purchases
- Cleaning petrol pumps and surrounding driveway, shop and facilities
- Undertaking stock control and preparing reports on fuel, oil, accessories and other items sold
- Replenishing stock of fast foods, newspapers, magazines and grocery items
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0