Last update: 16 January 2019 | see more
561199: Betting Clerks nec
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation only available if you meet the additional requirements listed here Occupation NOT eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
561199: Betting Clerks nec
- This occupation group covers Betting Clerks not elsewhere classified.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 5 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 1 qualification
- AQF Certificate I or
- Compulsory secondary education.
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification.
In some instances, no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Assessing Authority
- Occupation in NEC category
- Bingo Caller
- Keno Terminal Operator
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 5611: Betting Clerks
- Take bets from customers at betting agencies, over the telephone and on course.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Registration or licensing may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Taking bets and debiting credit accounts and bank accounts electronically, and receiving cash
- Recording and entering bets electronically and in transaction ledgers
- Issuing tickets and preparing summaries of transactions
- Monitoring amounts of money placed on race entrants
- Checking details and numbers on winning betting tickets against those in betting ledgers and electronic records, and paying out money on winning tickets
- Verifying the identity and account balances of betting agency customers
- Answering betting inquiries over the telephone, via email and in person
- May work in a call centre
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings programme year 2018-2019
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.