Last update: 18 November 2019 | see more
561111: Betting Agency Counter Clerk
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible. Limitations and specific State requirements such as higher English, relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc. may apply. Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
561111: Betting Agency Counter Clerk
Records and processes customer bets, payments and payouts over the counter at a betting agency for horse and dog racing, and other sports and events.
Occupations at Skill Level 5 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 1 qualification
- AQF Certificate I or
- Compulsory secondary education.
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification.
In some instances, no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Unit Group 5611: Betting Clerks
Take bets from customers at betting agencies, over the telephone and on course.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Taking bets and debiting credit accounts and bank accounts electronically, and receiving cash
- Recording and entering bets electronically and in transaction ledgers
- Issuing tickets and preparing summaries of transactions
- Monitoring amounts of money placed on race entrants
- Checking details and numbers on winning betting tickets against those in betting ledgers and electronic records, and paying out money on winning tickets
- Verifying the identity and account balances of betting agency customers
- Answering betting inquiries over the telephone, via email and in person
- May work in a call centre
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0