Last list update: 21 April 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 28/02/2021
552314: Statistical Clerk
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
552314: Statistical Clerk
Compiles data and undertakes statistical and actuarial computations.
- Actuarial Clerk
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 5523: Insurance, Money Market and Statistical Clerks
Prepare and check documentation associated with insurance, maintain records of securities transactions and registrations, offer odds and accept bets, and compile data and undertake statistical and actuarial computations.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Obtaining information on the form of competitors by research, attending race trials and liaising with contacts
- Offering and varying odds on competitors after considering the type of event, handicaps, weather conditions and odds offered by other Bookmakers
- Processing insurance applications, adjustments to insurance cover, standard endorsements and insurance claims
- Monitoring balances of accounts and summarising reinsurance to determine outstanding risk
- Surveying potential risk exposure
- Despatching notices of premiums due and forms concerning conservation and transfer of insurance
- Reviewing, checking, verifying and issuing transaction documentation for securities
- Claiming accruing dividends and processing dividend payments
- Compiling statistics from financial records, survey returns and other data sources, and verifying the authenticity of the material
- Operating computers to input, manipulate and output information
- Compiling results of calculations into tables, graphs and charts to be used in analysis
- May work in a call centre
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0