Last update: 02 September 2020 | see more
552111: Bank Worker
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements (critical skills, health / ICT and engineering occupations, etc.) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list; OR in the Federal Government list (MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL list), however the Nominated Migration Program is currently suspended and invitations will not be issued Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
552111: Bank Worker
Receives deposits and pays out money in a financial or commercial institution, keeps records of transactions, issues receipts and cashes cheques.
Occupations at Skill Level 3 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 4 qualification
- AQF Certificate IV or
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training.
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Unit Group 5521: Bank Workers
Receive deposits and pay out money in financial and commercial institutions, keep records of transactions, issue receipts and cash cheques.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Greeting customers, identifying their needs and answering customer inquiries
- Ensuring customers' forms are filled in correctly and checking customers' identification
- Accepting cash and cheques deposited by customers, verifying records and receipts, and crediting customers' accounts
- Paying money to customers according to advice slips, cheques and negotiable documents, and debiting customers' accounts
- Providing change, cashing cheques and recording transactions
- Opening and closing accounts for customers
- Balancing cash and advising supervisors of cash position and discrepancies
- Explaining and promoting bank services to customers and referring them to appropriate financial services
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0