Last update: 22 May 2020 | see more
521212: Legal Secretary
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible. Limitations and specific State requirements such as higher English, relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc. may apply. Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be eligible for 190 nomination under specific circumstances Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
521212: Legal Secretary
Performs secretarial, clerical and other administrative tasks in support of Legal Professionals applying knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and documents.
Occupations at Skill Level 2 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Diploma or
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma.
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 5212: Secretaries
Perform secretarial, clerical and other administrative tasks in support of Managers, Legal Professionals and other professionals. Medical Secretaries are excluded from this unit group. Medical Secretaries are included in Unit Group 5421 Receptionists, in Occupation 542114 Medical Receptionist.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Liaising with other staff to arrange meetings, and to gain and provide information
- Preparing reports, briefing notes and correspondence, and proofreading work for typographical and grammatical errors
- Maintaining appointment diaries and making travel arrangements
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- Answering telephone calls, responding to inquiries and redirecting callers
- Taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents
- Greeting visitors, ascertaining nature of business and directing visitors to appropriate persons
- May implement management decisions and maintain records of meetings
- May handle bookkeeping and petty cash functions
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 521211: Secretary (General)
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0