Last update: 17 October 2019 | see more
423111: Aged or Disabled Carer
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills PR Comments NT The Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement SA The South Australian Regional Workforce Designated Area Migration Agreement QLD The Far North Queensland Designated Area Migration Agreement NSW The Orana Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
423111: Aged or Disabled Carer
- Provides general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged or disabled people in their own homes.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Alternative Titles
- Aged or Disabled Care Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Carer
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 4231: Aged and Disabled Carers
- Provide general household assistance, emotional support, care and companionship for aged and disabled persons in their own homes.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Indicative Skill Level
- Accompanying aged and disabled persons during daily activities
- Assisting clients with their mobility
- Preparing food for clients
- Arranging social activities
- Performing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming and cleaning
- Assisting in personal hygiene and dressing
- Providing companionship, friendship and emotional support
- May do shopping and run errands
- May live in with the person
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0