Last list update: 14 June 2018 | see more
421112: Family Day Care Worker
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options - ANZSCO 421112
Visa Type Eligibility *Conditions Legislative Instrument MLTSSL list STSOL list ROL list Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (State/Territory nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (NOT nominated by State/Territory) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 485 (Graduate) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 482 (TSS) IMMI 18/048 Subclass 186 (ENS) IMMI 18/049 Subclass 187 (RSMS) IMMI 18/043 Subclass 407 (Training) IMMI 18/050
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
No conditions apply
State Eligibility Summary Table - ANZSCO 421112
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 Access List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT eligible
State Eligibility Details - ANZSCO 421112
421112: Family Day Care Worker
Description: Provides care and supervision for babies and children, usually in the carer's own home and under local government or community-based schemes. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: Occupations at Skill Level 4 have a level of skill commensurate with one of the following:
- NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification or
- AQF Certificate II or III.
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Assessing AuthorityThere is no Assessing Authority assigned to ANZSCO code 421112
- Alternative Titles
- Family Day Carer
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 4211: Child Carers
Description: Provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.
Skill Level: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- In Australia:
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
- In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children's education and recreational activities
- Managing children's behaviour and guiding children's social development
- Preparing and conducting activities for children
- Entertaining children by reading and playing games
- Supervising children in recreational activities
- Supervising the daily routine of children
- Supervising the hygiene of children
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation Ceiling programme year 2017-2018
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.