Last list update: 21 April 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 28/02/2021
411611: Massage Therapist
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 12 LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
12: The position:
(a) is not a full-time position; or
(b) is not based in a therapeutic setting; or
(c) involves the provision of non-medical relaxation massage; or (d) is in a retail setting.
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
411611: Massage Therapist
Performs therapeutic massage and administers body treatments for relaxation, health, fitness and remedial purposes.
- Chinese (Tui-Na) Masseur
- Remedial Masseur
- Shiatsu Therapist
- Sports Medicine Masseur
- Thai Masseur
Unit Group 4116: Massage Therapists
Perform therapeutic massage and administer body treatments for health, fitness and remedial purposes.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Massaging the soft tissues of the body, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments, to assist healing
- Utilising a range of massage techniques to enhance sports performance and prevent injury
- Administering treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
- Assessing and treating specific soft tissue dysfunction and providing rehabilitation advice
- Employing other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complementary aids, such as infra-red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery
- Assessing client's physical condition and case history and advising on stretching exercises and relaxation techniques
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued