Last list update: 14 May 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 28/02/2021
311111: Agricultural Technician
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 10 LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
10: The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
311111: Agricultural Technician
Performs tests and experiments, and provides technical support to assist Agricultural Scientists in areas such as research, production, servicing and marketing.
- Alternative Titles
- Agricultural Technical Officer
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Agriculture Laboratory Technician
- Artificial Insemination Technical Officer
- Dairy Technician
- Field Crop Technical Officer
- Herd Tester
- Horticultural Technical Officer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 3111: Agricultural Technicians
Perform tests and experiments, and provide technical support to assist Agricultural Scientists in areas such as research, production, servicing and marketing.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Examining topographical, physical and soil characteristics of farmland to determine its most effective use and identify nutrient deficiencies
- Assisting in developing new methods of planting, fertilising, harvesting and processing crops to achieve optimum land usage
- Identifying pathogenic micro-organisms and insects, parasites, fungi and weeds harmful to crops and livestock, and assisting in devising methods of control
- Analysing produce to set and maintain standards of quality
- Inspecting livestock to gauge the effectiveness of feed formulae
- Assisting in controlled breeding experiments to develop improved crop and livestock strains
- Arranging the supply of drugs, vaccines and other chemicals to Farmers and Farm Managers, and giving advice on their use
- Collecting and collating data for research
- Planning slaughtering, harvesting and other aspects of production processes
- May advise producers on farming techniques and management
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills* PR Comments SA The South Australian Regional Workforce Designated Area Migration Agreement (Regional) VIC The Great South Coast Designated Area Migration Agreement QLD The Far North Queensland Designated Area Migration Agreement NSW The Orana Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- Skills*: Skill requirements vary depending on whether the occupation is on a relevant skilled list as well as its skill level. Check the information available in the corresponding DAR website.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0