Last list update: 21 September 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 31/07/2021
272211: Minister of Religion
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List but applications are currently not being accepted Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory has NO list and is currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
272211: Minister of Religion
Performs spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of a religious faith, and provides motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of a congregation or parish, and the wider community. This occupation requires high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
Current Shortages & Future Demand (Skills Priority List - SPL)
AUS ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA Future Demand NS NS NS NS NS NS NS NS NS Moderate
S Shortage; NS No Shortage; M Metropolitan Shortage; R Regional Shortage; Future Demand Strong, Moderate or Soft
- Aboriginal Ceremonial Celebrant
- Salvation Army Officer
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2722: Ministers of Religion
Perform spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faiths, and provide motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of congregations and parishes, and the wider community.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. The occupation in this unit group requires high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Preparing and conducting services of public worship and acknowledgments of faith
- Preparing and delivering sermons, homilies and special talks, and planning music for services
- Participating in the social and welfare activities of communities, encouraging people to be aware of their responsibilities, and organising participation in community projects
- Conducting classes of religious instruction, and supervising prayer and discussion groups, retreats and seminars
- Conducting premarital and family counselling and referring people to professional service agencies where necessary
- Performing marriages, funerals and special memorial services according to tradition and ecclesiastical and civil law
- Visiting members of the community in their homes, hospitals and other institutions to provide advice and religious comfort
- Keeping records as required by the church and civil law
- Occupation Ceilings
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0