Last list update: 27 July 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 31/03/2021
263311: Telecommunications Engineer
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List but applications are currently not being accepted Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory has NO list and is currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
263311: Telecommunications Engineer
Designs and develops telecommunications systems, devices and products.
Current Shortages & Future Demand (Skills Priority List - SPL)
AUS ACT NSW NT QLD SA TAS VIC WA Future Demand NS NS NS NS NS NS NS NS NS Strong
S Shortage; NS No Shortage; M Metropolitan Shortage; R Regional Shortage; Future Demand Strong, Moderate or Soft
- Signals Officer (Army) (NZ)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2633: Telecommunications Engineering Professionals
Design, construct, install, service and support telecommunications equipment, systems and facilities.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Planning, designing, building, configuring and commissioning telecommunications devices, networks and systems, such as voice, radio, two-way, data, microwave, satellite and digital data systems, and ensuring telecommunications systems interconnect with equipment from different manufacturers, service providers and users
- Compiling engineering project proposals to define goals, identify scope, background and need, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services
- Evaluating and procuring new products and services from vendors
- Ensuring compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures in the provision of telecommunications systems
- Selecting and developing new telecommunications sites by locating sites, filing documents, drawing up documents for approval, drafting construction drawings and following through to approval
- Determining appropriate configurations of telecommunications hardware and software, ensuring desired performance of telecommunications equipment
- Preparing and interpreting specifications, drawings and regulations for the use of telecommunications equipment
- Determining the type and arrangement of circuits, transformers, circuit-breakers, transmission lines and equipment
- Identifying and analysing problems and needs of existing telecommunications systems, such as interference, intelligibility and clarity, to determine the most appropriate means of reducing, eliminating and avoiding current and future problems and improve communications
- Monitoring telecommunications systems to assess need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems
- Assessing performance levels of system hardware and software to project future needs, and developing short- and long-terms plans for updating equipment, adding capabilities, enhancing existing systems and providing improved telecommunications
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills* PR Comments WA The Goldfields Designated Area Migration Agreement
up to 55 years
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- Skills*: Skill requirements vary depending on whether the occupation is on a relevant skilled list as well as its skill level. Check the information available in the corresponding DAR website.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0