Last update: 12 November 2019 | see more
254423: Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
254423: Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
Provides nursing care to patients before, during and immediately after surgery, assesses patients' condition, plans nursing care for surgical intervention, maintains a safe and comfortable environment, assists Surgeons and Anaesthetists during surgery, and monitors patients' recovery from anaesthetic, prior to return to, or discharge from, ward. Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Alternative Titles
- Operating Room Nurse
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Registered Nurse (Anaesthetic)
- Registered Nurse (Operating Room)
- Registered Nurse (Recovery)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2544: Registered Nurses
Provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities, and in the community.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- Working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- Providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- Promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- Answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- Supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 254411: Nurse Practitioner
- 254412: Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254413: Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
- 254414: Registered Nurse (Community Health)
- 254415: Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254416: Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- 254417: Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- 254418: Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254421: Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
- 254422: Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254424: Registered Nurse (Surgical)
- 254425: Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
- 254499: Registered Nurses nec
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0