Last update: 05 December 2019 | see more
254414: Registered Nurse (Community Health)
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible. Limitations and specific State requirements such as higher English, relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc. may apply. Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be eligible for 190 nomination under specific circumstances Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills PR Comments NSW The Orana Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
254414: Registered Nurse (Community Health)
Provides nursing care, health counselling, screening and education to individuals, families and groups in the wider community with a focus on patient independence and health promotion. Registration or licensing is required.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Registered Nurse (Health Education and Promotion)
- Registered Nurse (Public Health)
- Registered Nurse (School Nurse)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2544: Registered Nurses
Provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities, and in the community.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- Working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- Providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- Promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- Answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- Supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 254411: Nurse Practitioner
- 254412: Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254413: Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
- 254415: Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254416: Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- 254417: Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- 254418: Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254421: Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
- 254422: Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254423: Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
- 254424: Registered Nurse (Surgical)
- 254425: Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
- 254499: Registered Nurses nec
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0