Last list update: 25 May 2018 | see more
252712: Speech Pathologist
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options - ANZSCO 252712
Visa Type Eligibility *Conditions Legislative Instrument MLTSSL list STSOL list ROL list Subclass 189 (Skilled Independent) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 190 (Skilled Nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (State/Territory nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Subclass 489 (NOT nominated by State/Territory) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 485 (Graduate) IMMI 18/051 Subclass 482 (TSS) IMMI 18/048 Subclass 186 (ENS) IMMI 18/049 Subclass 187 (RSMS) IMMI 18/043 Subclass 407 (Training) IMMI 18/050
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
No conditions apply
State Eligibility Summary Table - ANZSCO 252712
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 Access List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation NOT eligible
State Eligibility Details - ANZSCO 252712
252712: Speech Pathologist
Description: Provides diagnostic assessment and management of disorders of communication and swallowing through direct intervention, education, consultancy, advocacy, or a combination of these approaches.
Skill Level: Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Alternative Titles
- Speech Therapist
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 2527: Audiologists and Speech Pathologists Therapists
Description: Provide diagnostic assessment and rehabilitation services related to human hearing defects, and assess and treat people with communication disorders and physical problems associated with eating and swallowing.
Skill Level: Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Administering and interpreting a wide range of audiometric tests to determine hearing efficiency and locate sites of detected hearing problems
- Interpreting audiometric test results alongside other medical, social and behavioural diagnostic data
- Evaluating total response pattern and acoustic tests to distinguish between organic and non-organic hearing loss
- Planning, directing and participating in counselling, speech reading and other rehabilitation programs
- Prescribing appropriate hearing aids and instructing patients in use
- Administering tests and observing patients to determine nature and extent of disorders
- Planning and conducting programs of remedial exercise to correct disorders such as stuttering and abnormal articulation
- Administering individual and group therapy for rehabilitation of patients with communication problems caused by defective hearing, cerebral palsy, surgery and injury
- Advising on treatment for children with difficulties in learning to speak
- Counselling and guiding language-handicapped individuals, their families, teachers and employers
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 252711: Audiologist
- Occupation Ceiling programme year 2017-2018
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0