Last update: 17 October 2019 | see more
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills PR Comments SA The South Australian Regional Workforce Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
- Diagnoses and treats physiological and mechanical disorders of the human locomotor system, particularly neuromuscular skeletal disorders, and provides advice on preventing these disorders. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
Unit Group 2521: Chiropractors and Osteopaths
- Diagnose and treat physiological and mechanical disorders of the locomotor system and tissue strain, stress and dysfunction that impede normal neural, vascular and biochemical mechanisms, and provide advice on preventing these disorders.
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Administering a variety of neurological, musculoskeletal and functional tests to identify and assess physical problems and ailments of patients
- Planning and discussing effective management of patients' dysfunction
- Designing, reviewing, monitoring, assessing and evaluating treatment programs
- Assisting and improving the function of all body systems such as musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine and genitourinary systems
- Recording detailed patient medical histories, treatments delivered and the patients' responses and progress to treatments
- Referring patients to specialists and liaising with other Health Professionals in relation to patients' problems, needs and progress
- Educating patients, their partners, family and friends in therapeutic procedures, such as home exercises and lifestyle changes, to enhance patients' health and wellbeing
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 252112: Osteopath
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0