Last list update: 20 April 2018 | see more
222312: Financial Investment Manager
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options - ANZSCO 222312
Visa Type Eligibility *Conditions Legislative Instrument MLTSSL list STSOL list ROL list Visa Subclass 189 IMMI 18/051 Visa S. 489 (NOT nominated by State/Territory) IMMI 18/051 Visa Subclass 485 IMMI 18/051 Visa Subclass 482 IMMI 18/048 Visa Subclass 186 IMMI 18/049 Visa Subclass 187 IMMI 18/043 Visa Subclass 407 IMMI 18/050 Visa Subclass 190 See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051 Visa S. 489 (State/Territory nominated) See State Eligibility tab IMMI 18/051
*Conditions (Inapplicability) / Caveats:
No conditions apply
State Eligibility Summary Table - ANZSCO 222312
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 Access List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('I'm Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation NOT eligible
State Eligibility Details - ANZSCO 222312
222312: Financial Investment Manager
Description: Invests and manages sums of money and assets on behalf of others over an agreed period of time, in order to generate income and profit. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Alternative Titles
- Portfolio Manager
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Superannuation Funds Manager
- Unit Trust Manager
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2223: Financial Investment Advisers and Managers
Description: Develop financial plans for individuals and organisations, and invest and manage funds on their behalf.
Skill Level: Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Interviewing prospective clients to determine financial status and objectives, discussing financial options and developing financial plans and investment strategies
- Monitoring investment performance, and reviewing and revising investment plans based on modified needs and changes in markets
- Recommending and arranging insurance cover for clients
- Arranging to buy and sell stocks and bonds for clients
- Advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- Setting financial objectives, and developing and implementing strategies for achieving the financial objectives
- Managing funds raised from personal superannuation savings policies and unit trusts
- Assisting in meeting superannuation compliance requirements
- Directing the collection of financial, accounting and investment information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns
- May refer clients to other organisations to obtain services outlined in financial plans
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 222311: Financial Investment Adviser
- Occupation Ceiling programme year 2017-2018
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings
Explanatory Notes - Information
The term “may be eligible” relates to general eligibility and should not be misinterpreted as your individual eligibility to apply for a visa. Note that additional specific requirements and criteria also apply to visa eligibility (e.g. higher English requirements, evidences of a job offer, etc).
- Occupation List refers to the register of professional occupations which might qualify for an Australian Visa. There are 7 skilled occupation lists in total.
- MLTSSL is the acronym for 'Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List'.
- STSOL is the acronym for 'Short-term Skilled Occupation List'.
- ROL is the acronym for 'Regional Occupation List'.
- IMMI 18/051, IMMI 18/048, IMMI 18/049, IMMI 18/43, IMMI 18/050 refer to current Legislative Instruments which list the table of occupations appropriate for the respective visa programmes.
- Conditions refer to current caveats applying for a particular occupation under specific visa programmes.
The information in this website is intended to provide general information in relation to Australia’s General Skilled Migration program and the possible visa options for a particular occupation. Anzscosearch makes no warranty and will not be held liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or consequential in connection with the use of information contained in this website.
While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the currency and thus accuracy of the information cannot be guaranteed due to the frequent changes in migration law, policy and procedures and related processes.
It is important that you directly check the information published on official websites of the Department of Home Affairs, skills assessment bodies and other government agencies such as a state/territory governments.
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0