Last update: 21 January 2020 | see more
222311: Financial Investment Adviser
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible. Limitations and specific State requirements such as higher English, relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc. may apply. Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be eligible for 190 nomination under specific circumstances Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
222311: Financial Investment Adviser
Develops and implements financial plans for individuals or organisations, and advises on investment strategies and their taxation implications, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level / Skill Level NZ
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Alternative Titles
- Financial Planning Adviser
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 2223: Financial Investment Advisers and Managers
Develop financial plans for individuals and organisations, and invest and manage funds on their behalf.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Interviewing prospective clients to determine financial status and objectives, discussing financial options and developing financial plans and investment strategies
- Monitoring investment performance, and reviewing and revising investment plans based on modified needs and changes in markets
- Recommending and arranging insurance cover for clients
- Arranging to buy and sell stocks and bonds for clients
- Advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- Setting financial objectives, and developing and implementing strategies for achieving the financial objectives
- Managing funds raised from personal superannuation savings policies and unit trusts
- Assisting in meeting superannuation compliance requirements
- Directing the collection of financial, accounting and investment information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns
- May refer clients to other organisations to obtain services outlined in financial plans
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 222312: Financial Investment Manager
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0