Last update: 16 November 2019 | see more
133211: Engineering Manager
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051,
Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List', 'Special Conditions Apply' or 'Currently not available for state nomination' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills PR Comments SA The Adelaide City Technology and Innovation Advancement Designated Area Migration Agreement
under 55 years of age
WA The Goldfields Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
133211: Engineering Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the engineering and technical operations of an organisation.
Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
EA: Engineers Australia
http://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/ [email protected]
AIM: Australian Institute of Management
https://managersandleaders.com.au/skilled-migration-assessment/ [email protected]
Unit Group 1332: Engineering Managers
Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the engineering and technical operations of organisations.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- Interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- Establishing project schedules and budgets
- Ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- Overseeing maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- Liaising with marketing, research and manufacturing managers regarding engineering aspects of new construction and product design
- May contribute to research and development projects
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0