Last list update: 27 July 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 31/03/2021
121399: Livestock Farmers nec
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term 9,10 LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
9: The position predominantly involves responsibility for low-skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals. Example 3: Truck driving.
10: The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List but applications are currently not being accepted Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory has NO list and is currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
121399: Livestock Farmers nec
This occupation group covers Livestock Farmers not elsewhere classified.
- Occupation in NEC category
- Alpaca Farmer
- Crocodile Farmer
- Dog Breeder
- Emu Farmer
- Llama Farmer
- Ostrich Farmer
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.3 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 1213: Livestock Farmers
Plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
Indicative Skill Level
In Australia and New Zealand:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- Providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- Moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- Organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- Directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- Maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- Organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- Managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- May select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0