Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
121399: Livestock Farmers nec
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
9: The position predominantly involves responsibility for low-skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals. Example 3: Truck driving.
10: The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
121399: Livestock Farmers nec
- This occupation group covers Livestock Farmers not elsewhere classified.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Occupation in NEC category
- Alpaca Farmer
- Crocodile Farmer (Aus)
- Dog Breeder
- Emu Farmer (Aus)
- Llama Farmer
- Ostrich Farmer
Not elsewhere classified (nec) categories are used for known, discrete occupations which are not separately identified in ANZSCO Version 1.2 because of their lack of numerical significance in Australia or New Zealand. The occupation titles listed under nec categories are illustrative of the scope and range of occupations included in the nec category.
Unit Group 1213: Livestock Farmers
- Plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise livestock.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Indicative Skill Level
- Breeding and raising livestock for the production of honey, meat, milk, skins, eggs and wool
- Monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- Providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- Moving livestock to optimise feeding opportunities
- Organising and conducting farming operations such as catching, drenching and milking livestock, sterilising machines, and collecting, grading and packaging produce
- Directing and overseeing general farming activities such as maintaining pens, sheds and cages, fertilising, controlling pests and weeds, and growing fodder
- Maintaining fences, equipment and water supply systems
- Organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- Maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- Managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- May select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0