Last update: 08 October 2019 | see more
111311: Local Government Legislator
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
111311: Local Government Legislator
- Represents the interests of people in a constituency as their elected member of a local government authority.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Alternative Titles
- Alderman (Aus)
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Community Board Member (NZ)
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1113: Legislators
- Represent the interests of people in constituencies as elected members of national, state and territory parliaments and local government authorities.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Indicative Skill Level
- Developing national, state, territory or local government policy, and formulating, amending and repealing legislation and by-laws
- Helping constituents with a range of problems particularly with regard to matters concerning government and local agencies
- Investigating matters of concern to the public and to particular persons and groups
- Introducing proposals for government action and representing public and electoral interests
- Issuing policy directions to government departments and exercising control over local government authorities
- Attending community functions and meetings of local groups to provide service to the community, gauge public opinion and provide information on government plans
- May serve as a member on parliamentary committees and inquiries
- May present petitions on behalf of concerned groups
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0