On 11 March 2019 the Department of Home Affairs published updates to the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) and the Regional Occupation List (ROL). These changes are relevant to Subclass 189, 190, 489, 482, 485, 407, 186 and 187 visas.
In particular, Legislative instrument LIN 19/051 introduced changes to the skilled occupations and assessing authorities for invitations for Subclass 189, 190, 489 and 485 visas, which included:
36 occupations were ADDED to the MLTSSL:
- 139911 Arts Administrator or Manager
- 139912 Environmental Manager
- 211112 Dancer or Choreographer
- 211212 Music Director
- 211213 Musician (Instrumental)
- 212111 Artistic Director
- 224113 Statistician
- 224311 Economist
- 233611 Mining Engineer (excluding Petroleum)
- 233612 Petroleum Engineer
- 233999 Engineering Professionals nec
- 234211 Chemist
- 234212 Food Technologist
- 234312 Environmental Consultant
- 234313 Environmental Research Scientist
- 234399 Environmental Scientists nec
- 234412 Geophysicist
- 234413 Hydrogeologist
- 234511 Life Scientist (General)
- 234513 Biochemist
- 234514 Biotechnologist
- 234515 Botanist
- 234516 Marine Biologist
- 234517 Microbiologist
- 234518 Zoologist
- 234599 Life Scientists nec
- 234911 Conservator
- 234912 Metallurgist
- 234913 Meteorologist
- 234999 Natural and Physical Science Professionals nec
- 242111 University Lecturer
- 261211 Multimedia Specialist
- 261399 Software and Applications Programmers nec
- 361112 Horse Trainer
- 452316 Tennis Coach
- 452411 Footballer
27 occupations were REMOVED from the STSOL.
18 occupations were ADDED to the ROL:
- 121111 Aquaculture Farmer
- 121211 Cotton Grower
- 121213 Fruit or Nut Grower
- 121214 Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Grower
- 121216 Mixed Crop Farmer
- 121217 Sugar Cane Grower
- 121299 Crop Farmers nec
- 121312 Beef Cattle Farmer
- 121313 Dairy Cattle Farmer
- 121314 Deer Farmer
- 121315 Goat Farmer
- 121317 Mixed Livestock Farmer
- 121318 Pig Farmer
- 121322 Sheep Farmer
- 121399 Livestock Farmers nec
- 121411 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer
- 252312 Dentist
- 253211 Anaesthetist
As a result of the 11th March changes, some States and Territories have also reviewed their Skilled Occupations lists, including:
- South Australia added 3 new occupations to the State Nomination Occupation List (SNOL) and 31 occupations to the Supplementary Skilled List.
- ACT updated its list in accordance to the 11th March changes.
- Tasmania published a new Tasmanian Skilled Occupations List (TSOL) differentiating eligibility for Subclass 190 and Subclass 489 visas.
- Queensland’s Skilled Migration program is currently CLOSED for nominations until the new program year re-opens on 1st July.
- Western Australia introduced some restrictions to the occupations of Dentist (252312) and Anaesthetist (253211).
- New South Wales, Northern Territory and Victoria have not published any changes.
If you need professional immigration advice, do not hesitate to Contact us.