Last list update: 14 May 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 28/02/2021
599215: Trust Officer
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is IN the State/Territory Skilled Occupation List and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible Stream NOT applicable to the visa Subclass; or State/Territory currently not accepting applications
State/Territory Eligibility Details
599215: Trust Officer
Administers trusts, estates and settlements on behalf of beneficiaries.
- Alternative Titles
- Trust Clerk
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
Unit Group 5992: Court and Legal Clerks
Provide administrative and operational support to Legal Professionals by performing clerical work associated with the functions of courts, legal practices and the administration of trusts and estates. Legal Secretaries, Court Reporters and Legal Executives are excluded from this unit group. Legal Secretaries are included in Unit Group 5212 Secretaries. Court Reporters are included in Unit Group 5321 Keyboard Operators, in Occupation 532112 Machine Shorthand Reporter. Legal Executives are included in Unit Group 5991 Conveyancers and Legal Executives.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Listing actions for hearing and processing documentation for court actions
- Documenting details of court proceedings, actions and decisions
- Enforcing the law as an officer of the court by executing court orders such as eviction notices
- Serving legal orders and documents such as summonses and subpoenas
- Organising jury and witness lists, and summonsing and swearing in juries and witnesses
- Maintaining order in court and hearing rooms and adjacent areas
- Assisting Solicitors in areas of conveyancing, contracts, common law, probate and other legal practice matters
- Satisfying statutory requirements, establishing beneficial entitlements and distributing assets
- Maintaining probate and trust files, investing trust funds and administering accounts
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0