Last update: 17 October 2019 | see more
272311: Clinical Psychologist
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 489Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Visa Subclass 482Labour Agreement - DAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT & DE LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
Concessions DAMA List English TSMIT Age Skills PR Comments SA The South Australian Regional Workforce Designated Area Migration Agreement
- English, TSMIT (Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold), Age, Skills & Experience and PR Pathway are concessions that may be available for this occupation under the relevant DAMA.
- The table above literally reproduces the information published by the different Designated Area Representatives (DARs) in their DAMA Occupation lists. Concessions available (e.g PR pathway for applicants under NT DAMA) which have not been included by the DARs in relevant DAMA lists have also not been included above. Users should carefully review all information available in the DAR websites in relation to concessions.
272311: Clinical Psychologist
- Consults with individuals and groups, assesses psychological disorders and administers programs of treatment. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- Forensic Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 2723: Psychologists
- Investigate, assess and provide treatment and counselling to foster optimal personal, social, educational and occupational adjustment and development.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
Indicative Skill Level
- Collecting data about clients and assessing their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- Administering and interpreting diagnostic tests and formulating plans for treatment
- Developing, administering and evaluating individual and group treatment programs
- Consulting with other professionals on details of cases and treatment plans
- Conducting research studies of motivation in learning, group performance and individual differences in mental abilities and educational performance
- Collecting data and analysing characteristics of students and recommending educational programs
- Formulating achievement, diagnostic and predictive tests for use by teachers in planning methods and content of instruction
- Developing interview techniques, psychological tests and other aids in workplace selection, placement, appraisal and promotion
- Conducting surveys and research studies on job design, work groups, morale, motivation, supervision and management
- Performing job analyses and establishing job requirements by observing and interviewing employees and managers
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0