Last update: 13 September 2019 | see more
111211: Corporate General Manager
State Eligibility Details
Possible Visa Options
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
5: (a) The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD180,001; and
(b) if the identified person is to be transferred to fill the position—the transfer is not an intra-corporate transfer to which an international trade obligation applies.
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 489 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland ('Offshore' list) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation MAY be eligible Occupation in the 'Supplementary Skilled List' or 'Special Conditions Apply' Occupation NOT on relevant 'State Occupation List', or 'Closed' status; but MAY still be eligible if you meet the requirements Occupation MAY be available for onshore applicants Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
DAMA - Designated Area Migration Agreement
111211: Corporate General Manager
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of a commercial, industrial, governmental or other organisation through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
- Skill Level
- Occupations at Skill Level 1 have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Assessing Authority
- AIM: Australian Institute of Management
https://managersandleaders.com.au/skilled-migration-assessment/ [email protected]
- Alternative Titles
- Chief Operating Officer
Alternative titles are any commonly used alternative title (or titles) for the occupation. These alternative titles have the same meaning as the principal title but may be less commonly used.
- Kaiwhakahaere (NZ)
- Assistant Commissioner (Police)
- Hospital Administrator
- Managing Editor
- Trade Union Secretary
Specialisation titles are any commonly used titles which refer to a subset of jobs belonging to the occupation designated in the principal title. These jobs involve the performance of specialised tasks rather than the broader range of tasks usually performed in the occupation.
Unit Group 1112: General Managers
- Plan, organise, direct, control and review the day-to-day operations and major functions of commercial, industrial, government and defence organisations through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Indicative Skill Level
- Planning policy, and setting standards and objectives for organisations
- Providing day-to-day direction and management of organisations, and directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals, and maximise profit and efficiency
- Assessing changing situations and responding accordingly by issuing commands and directives to subordinate staff
- Consulting with immediate subordinates and departmental heads on matters such as methods of operation, equipment requirements, finance, sales and human resources
- Authorising the funding of major policy implementation programs
- Representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- Preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to governing bodies
- Selecting and managing the performance of senior staff
- May undertake responsibility for some or all of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources and other specialist operations
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 111212: Defence Force Senior Officer
- Occupation ceilings program year 2019-2020
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Australian Bureau of Statistics 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.2, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1220.0