Last list update: 05 March 2021 | see more
EOI Backlog current to: 30/11/2020
599112: Legal Executive
Possible Visa Options
Visa Type Eligibility *Caveats Legislative Instrument MLTSSL STSOL ROL Visa Subclass 189Skilled Independent LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 190Skilled Nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491State/Territory nominated LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 491Family Sponsored LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 485Graduate Work LIN 19/051 Visa Subclass 482TSS: Medium & Short term LIN 19/048 Labour AgreementDAMA Visa Subclass 186ENS: TRT & DE LIN 19/049 Visa Subclass 187RSMS: TRT LIN 19/047 Visa Subclass 494SESR: Employer Sponsored LIN 19/219,
Visa Subclass 407Training: Enhance skills LIN 19/050
*Caveats / Applicable circumstances:
No conditions apply
State/Territory Eligibility Summary Table
State/Territory Nomination Visa Subclass 190 Visa Subclass 491 List ACT Australian Capital Territory NSW New South Wales NT Northern Territory QLD Queensland (Offshore) SA South Australia TAS Tasmania Category 1 (Graduates) VIC Victoria WA Western Australia (General stream) Occupation is in the State/Territory skilled occupation list and MAY be eligible if you meet the specific State/Territory nomination requirements (relevant work experience, suitable employment offer, etc.) Occupation MAY be eligible if you meet the State/Territory nomination requirements Occupation MAY NOT be eligible
State/Territory Eligibility Details
599112: Legal Executive
Acts for and on behalf of clients in the areas of property transfer, company and business law, trusts, wills, probate and litigation under the general supervision of a Barrister or Solicitor. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)
Unit Group 5991: Conveyancers and Legal Executives
Act for and on behalf of clients in the areas of property transfer, company and business law, trusts, wills, probate and litigation.
Indicative Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Preparing, examining and advising on contracts of sale for properties and businesses
- Carrying out title searches and contacting government authorities to find out if any planned development, illegal building work and disputes could affect properties and businesses
- Preparing, examining and advising on mortgage documentation
- Negotiating the terms and conditions of, and exchanging, contracts of sale, paying deposits, arranging payment of stamp duty, checking for outstanding arrears and land tax obligations, and calculating adjustments for council and water rates
- Interviewing clients to determine the nature of issues, and receiving written information concerning cases from Legal Professionals and clients
- Conferring with clients and potential witnesses and drawing up statements and proposed affidavits in preparation for court proceedings
- Maintaining legal files
- Preparing, analysing and interpreting a variety of legal documents
- Assisting Legal Professionals to prepare cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and preparing and filing court documents
- May supervise Law Clerks and Legal Secretaries and take responsibility for their work
- Other occupations in this Unit Group
- 599111: Conveyancer
- Occupation ceilings program year 2020-2021
- Average Weekly / Annual Earnings 2018
Backlog & Invitations issued
Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2013, ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, 2013, Version 1.3, cat. no. 1220.0, https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/1220.0